The Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod offers a number of great opportunities throughout the year for Junior and Senior High youth to engage in service events and fellowship. Here is a calendar of upcoming synod sponsored events for the next few months. If you have any interest in participating in any of these events please contact Pastor Suloff for more information.
- March 3-5 – Harvey Cedars Retreat Harvey Cedars, NJ – ($125) Join us as we go down the shore with hundreds of youth from across SEPA for an amazing weekend of music, learning, friends and fun! All youth in grades 6-12 are invited to this incredible opportunity to meet other Lutherans their own age as we explore the Counterfeit Gods that pull us away from God, and the real thing God has created each and every one of us for – abundant life!
- March 17-18 – Night Watch St. Mary’s Episcopal, Ardmore – ($30) A special Lenten time for youth to enter into this sacred season and explore their spiritual side, this overnight will provide a time of reflective worship, games, snacks, breakfast and more. Participants in this ecumenical experience will have the rare opportunity to meet Lutheran and Episcopal youth from across the region. 7 pm Friday to 10 am Saturday morning.
- April 1-2 – Box City St. James, Limerick – ($30) Be a part of this very special opportunity to learn about homelessness and raise money to help those who struggle with it. You will hear real-life stories about homelessness, learn about the complexity of the issue, and experience for yourself what it is like to need to sleep outside. A fun, yet meaningful, way to make a difference! 3 pm Saturday – 10 am Sunday morning.
- April 22 –RISE! Helping Hands Day 2017 Location TBA – (No Cost) At this year’s Helping Hands Day, we will RISE across SEPA…just one week after Easter! Join us as we continue the theme of Christ’s resurrection and God’s good creation on Earth Day 2017. With projects that restore the brokenness of both the earth and people’s lives, we will focus on how our work continues God’s creative and redemptive work in the world! Save the date and be there as we RISE up across the region!
- June 16 – Lutheran Night at the Phillies Citizen’s Bank Park – ($20+) An annual favorite for many people…Lutheran Night at the Phillies is perfect for your youth group or people of all ages! Tickets start at just $20 and every ticket purchased helps support scholarships for Synod Youth events! Don’t miss out!
- July 2-7 AND 9-14 – Urban Servant Trip: Philadelphia ($295) For the first time ever, join Lutheran Youth from across SEPA for an Urban Servant Trip right here in our very own city of Philadelphia! And pick which week works best for you! This will be a truly incredible experience, as we partner with Youthworks to create a uniquely Lutheran experience and learn all about the issues of hunger and food insecurity right here in Philadelphia. This trip will open new horizons for how you understand the food we eat and the city of Philadelphia – and, because it’s local, it will only be the beginning of the experience!