We had a wonderful weekend at St. Peter’s and are looking forward to many exciting days and weeks ahead! In case you missed anything we’re here to help you catch up…
- Choir rehearsals started last week! Our Bell Choir rehearses on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm followed by our Adult Choir at 7:30pm. Our Children’s Choir will begin rehearsals following the 10am service this coming Sunday, September 17th. If you’d like to join one of our choirs we’ve got great news for you – you don’t need to be a professional singer! All you need is a desire to make a joyful noise and to share the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ with others through music. If you’d like more information about our choirs please contact Carol Evans.
- Sunday School began this week and will continue every Sunday – the kids leave worship following the Children’s Chat and head down to Sunday School with their teachers to explore the lessons for the given Sunday. We are still seeking additional Sunday School teachers so if you have interest in helping our youngest grow in their faith and learn more about sharing the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ with others please contact Pastor Suloff.
- We had a picnic out by the Gazebo on Sunday and it was wonderful! We had hotdogs, various salads and snacks, and a whole bunch of deserts along with a great time of conversation, laughter and fellowship! A huge thank you to everyone who helped organize, provide food, set-up, and cleaned up (especially Buffy, Stephanie, and Grillmaster Doug!). You can see some pictures from our great afternoon below (and, as promised, almost everyone was home in time for kickoff).
- Frank Gallagher and Bob Baltzersen shared two beautiful duets with us during worship this Sunday. You can see their rendition of “Come You Saints” here and their rendition of “Give Me Jesus” here.
- Our Transition Team has been officially formed and will begin their work for St. Peter’s soon, you can find out who’s on the Transition Team as well as some additional information here.
- As we all know there have been two devastating hurricanes recently as well as other natural disasters and relief efforts will take a great deal of support. You can learn more about supporting Lutheran Disaster Response here.
We’ve got Church Council coming up this week, Confirmation Class beginning on Sunday, two movie events coming up, and of course wonderful worship services just to name a few things, so come back often for all the St. Peter’s news. Have a blessed Monday as we give thanks to God for this day and remember the past and those whom we lost 16 years ago.