Happy 2017 everyone! It’s Boar’s Head week here at St. Peter’s so of course things are busy – let’s get to the New Year recap:
- The Boar’s Head Festival is THIS WEEKEND!!! Do you still need tickets? You can get them right here.
- Decorating and prep work are already underway as we all prepare to welcome hundreds of people to share the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ with!!!
- The schedule this week for all things Boar’s Head is very busy – check it out for all choir and orchestra members, performers, crew, and anyone else.
MONDAY, JANUARY 2 at 6pm – Boar’s Head Walk Through
TUESDAY, JANUARY 3 at 7pm – Choir and Orchestra Rehearsal. Jester Rehearsal.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 5 at 7:30pm – Boar’s Head Dress Rehearsal
SATURDAY, JANUARY 7 at 1pm, 4pm, and 7pm – BOAR’S HEAD FESTIVAL
SUNDAY, JANUARY 8 at 8:30am and 10am – WORSHIP!!!!
SUNDAY, JANUARY 8 at 1pm, 4pm, and 7pm – BOAR’S HEAD FESTIVAL
- A note from our amazing music director Carol Evans:
Hi singers and orchestra members of the Boar’s Head Festival,
I am writing to let you know again, how much I appreciate your participation and hard work for our Festival this year. I am hoping to see everyone at rehearsals this Tuesday and this Thursday evenings. It is mandatory that all singers and orchestra members are present on Tuesday, Jan 3 & Thursday, Jan 5 for our final dress rehearsals. We will actually sing for a live audience on Thursday, Jan 5, so please wear all-black uniform that evening. PLEASE REMEMBER TO REFRAIN FROM SMOKING RIGHT BEFORE SINGING & REFRAIN FROM SCENTED PERFUMES AND HAIRSPRAYS! As promised, I have attached the list of songs with the sit and stand cues (if you have not received the email with attachments please contact Carol or the church office) – please mark before our rehearsal on Tuesday evening. Lastly – please remember to park in the remote parking for the performance days- we need every spot for the audience!
I have attached the link for you to purchase tickets for the Festival (click here). Tickets are going fast, so please don’t miss out! You may also purchase tickets from Jane Stettler before and after services. You may also contact the Church Office for any additional information. 610-828-3098. We have many tickets available for Sunday night at 7 but most of the other shows are pretty filled. Please make sure to bring along some of your favorite snacks for yourself, the church provides lots of other food.
BOAR’S HEAD CHOIR AND ORCHESTRA SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, Jan 3 -7:00 pm (Call time) 7:30 pm Rehearsal with orchestra
Thursday, Jan 5 – 7:00 pm (Call-time – wear all black – we perform for an audience!)7:30 performance
Sat – January 7 – Call time – NOON (performances 1/4/7)
Sun – January 8 – Call time – NOON (performances 1/4/7)
With my gratitude and appreciation,
- Did you miss worship on Sunday? Pastor Todd preached a great sermon on entering the New Year and you can listen to it right here.
- Did you miss the picture appointments for the upcoming Pictorial Directory? Do you want a nice family photo or picture of yourself that can also be used so that our community can put names with faces? Don’t worry, we’ve got a makeup date coming on Sunday, January 22nd and you can sign up right here. You can also contact the Carolyn Hanel or the church office for more information.
- Last week we had the opportunity to talk with Catherine Garrison about why it’s awesome and meaningful to her to be the Boar’s Head Director and Pastor Suloff shared his thoughts on his first Boar’s Head Festival.
- A big thanks to EVERYONE for their work as communion assistants, ushers, altar guild, bulletin folders, choir members, acolytes, crucifers, and everyone else who shared their time, talents, and willingness to serve over these holiday weeks and a big thanks to EVERYONE in advance for their work, dedication, and support for the upcoming Boar’s Head Festival!
- Don’t forget you can simply subscribe to the website to receive email notifications of new posts and we’ll be back multiple times a day with new announcements, reflections, pictures, and information.
Happy New Year everyone – may God bless you and yours in this wonderful new day, month, and year that we share together as the people of God at St. Peter’s.