Happy Tuesday everyone! We hope that you all had a blessed and joyous Christmas – we sure did at St. Peter’s! It was another exciting few days at St. Peter’s this weekend but before we get to the recap a quick word of thanks…To everyone who made this Christmas weekend so beautiful, Spirit filled, and joyful – THANK YOU! To our choir members, the brass choir, our soloists, and all who raised their voices and musical instruments in song and praise for the birth of our Lord – THANK YOU! To our Altar Guild, our ushers, our acolytes and crucifers, our lectors, our communion assistants, our office volunteers, our church decorators, and all those who gave of their time, energy, and talents to help us get ready and share the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ in worship – THANK YOU! And to everyone who was able to join us and all those weren’t able, all those who know the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ and share it with others in this season and in all seasons – THANK YOU!
Now, in case you missed something this weekend or last week, here’s a quick recap…
- If you were unable to attend the 7pm or 10pm services on Christmas Eve don’t worry – we have some videos up on YouTube! You can hear the congregation singing Silent Night right here, and listen to our beautiful choir anthems here and here.
- If you were unable to attend the Family Service at 5pm on Christmas Eve Pastor Suloff dressed himself up as a Christmas Tree to talk about all the different stuff going on at Christmas and, while it’s important, what matters most is the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and how when the decorations come down God remains with us. We don’t have any video of this spectacle but we do have a few pictures…
- Want to hear Pastor Todd’s Christmas message? It’s right here!
- Last week we had a number of interesting posts, if you missed them here are a few links to some of our favorites…
- Boar’s Head is coming soon!!! Order your tickets right here to join in this beautiful event at St. Peter’s!
- Here are a few reminders for our Boar’s Head Choir Members courtesy of Carol Evans
Hi friends and singers of the Boar’s Head Festival,
I am writing to let you know how much I appreciate your participation and hard work for our Festival this year. I am hoping to see everyone at rehearsal this Thursday night. Please take special note that we will begin rehearsal early this Thursday, Dec 29 – starting at 7:30 pm. It is mandatory that all singers are present on Tuesday, Jan 3 & Thursday, Jan 5 for our final dress rehearsals. We will actually sing for a live audience on Thursday, Jan 5, so please wear all-black uniform that evening.
- Thursday, Dec 29 – 7:30 pm
- Tuesday, Jan 3 – 7:30 pm Rehearsal with orchestra
- Thursday, Jan 5 – 7:00 pm (call-time – wear all black – we perform for an audience!)
- Sat – January 7 – Call time – NOON (performances 1/4/7)
- Sun – January 8 – Call time – NOON (performances 1/4/7)
With my gratitude and appreciation,
- Did you miss the chance to get your picture taken for the upcoming church directory and to get some pretty pictures of yourself and your family? Don’t worry, we’ve got a makeup opportunity coming on Sunday, January 22nd and you can sign up right here.
- Start the year off right and join us for worship this Sunday, January 1st as we ring in the New Year at our regular worship times of 8:30am and 10am with Holy Communion at both services. Pastor Todd will be bringing us the Good News – what a great way to begin 2017!
Well that covers it for now everyone but be sure to check back often as we’ll continue posting new announcements, reflections, thoughts, and links every day!