1. We are very happy to announce that we have found our new Music Director, Mr. John Kampmeyer, Jr. who will begin his ministry with us on Sunday, January 8, 2018! We will have more information about John available on the website and in the December newsletter. A huge thank you to our search committee for all their time, energy, dedication, and prayerful consideration during this important step forward in the life of St. Peter’s!
2. Our Transition Team Roundtables will continue this Sunday, November 19thfollowing the 10am service in the Fellowship Hall. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to share your voice so please join us and bring your willingness to share with your fellow parishioners your thoughts, feelings, joys, hurts, and dreams! If you are a parent with children, Pr. Suloff will be leading the kids through their own Roundtables during the adult discussions. If you are interested in attending or have any questions please contact the church office, Pr. McMullan, or Pr. Suloff. Did you miss last week’s Transition Talk? You can find it in the “Hear the Good News” section of the website.
3. Confirmation Class continues this Sunday, November 19th at 6:00pm as we gather to continue or exploration of the Bible with a discussion about Prehistory and the Patriarchs.
4. We are still collecting names, addresses, and items for care packages for our college students. Even if a student received a care package last semester we need their name and address submitted again. We are also looking for donations of script cards from Donkin Donuts and Starbucks as well as snacks that ship well. Names and addresses for students as well as donations are needed by this Sunday, November 19th. If you have any questions or a student name and address please contact Ellen Daneke.
5. Autumn Giving donations are still being collected. Please bring your turkeys and non-perishables by Monday, November 20th. If you have any questions please contact Ellen Daneke.
6. The St. Peter’s Giving Tree is now up in the narthex! This is Social Ministry’s 12thyear of providing gifts to the needy in our community. We work with Colonial Neighborhood Council which has identified families who have needs due to family illness, domestic violence, abandonment, or other financial troubles. Take a name tag from the tree. Each tag identifies a member of a family, and provides the name, age, and size of the person you’ll shop for. Some tags may identify a requested item. For each tag you take, put your name and telephone number on the sign up sheet in the box corresponding to the tag # that you selected, so we can follow up (just in case you forget to return the gift(s) by SUNDAY, December 17th). And remember, kids make these gift requests. So, if a 7 year old asks for a iPad, it’s okay to buy an inexpensive alternative. One child this year asked for a bike; others simply asked for clothes or shoes. More information about the Giving Tree will be available on the church website and in the December newsletter. If you have any questions please contact John Gordon.
We think that covers everything for now St. Peter’s – we hope that you are staying warm, getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday, planning to join us on Sunday morning at church, and sharing the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ with others! Have a great weekend St. Peter’s – we’ll see you Sunday morning.