Happy Friday St. Peter’s!
A few reminders and announcements for you all going into the weekend…
1. Our annual First Communion Class is coming up quickly! The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America states that 1st Holy Communion should “be offered at 5th grade, or whenever the parent feels it is appropriate.” If you have a child in this category, please register them for the 1st Communion Workshop. Registration forms are in the Chapel, or you may call the church office 610-828-3098 or email Pastor Suloff at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Workshop will be held on Saturday, April 1st from 9:30am – 12pm , and is led by Pastor Todd. If you have any concerns about the appropriateness for your child, talk with the pastors. First Holy Communion will be celebrated during the 7:30 p.m. Worship Service on Maundy Thursday, April 13th.
2. Our annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Sunday, April 9th (Palm Sunday)! If you have a child that would like to participate in the Easter Egg Hunt then just join us in worship on Palm Sunday and the Egg Hunt will take place following our 10am worship service. We could also use some help! We are looking for individually wrapped candy donations that can be placed in eggs and you can simply bring them with you to church this Sunday or next Sunday (or drop them off during the week but don’t forget to come to worship!) and if you would like to help us stuff the eggs we will be gathering after the 10am worship service onApril 2nd. We are also looking for youth to help out the younger children as they search for the eggs. If you are able to help out with our egg stuffing efforts or with the Easter Egg Hunt, or if you have any questions, please contact Pastor Suloff.
3. In Memorium – Patricia Ginther has entered into God’s Heavenly Kingdom this past Monday. Funeral services will be held at the O’Leary Funeral Home, 640 Springfield Road, Springfield, PA. 19064 onMonday, March 27th at 11:30 a.m. A time to greet the family will begin at 10:00 a.m. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”
4. Our annual Good Friday Crucifixion Drama will once again be a part of our services this year and we are searching for volunteers to help with this meaningful portion of our Holy Week worship experience. If you or your children are able to assist, or if you have any questions, please contact Pastor Todd and if you would like to sign up to help you can contact the pastors, call the church office, or simply sign up on the sheet posted on Pastor Suloff’s office door.
5. Don’t forget your Easter flower orders – forms can be found in the chapel or you can contact the church office for more information.
Well, we think that covers everything for the moment St. Peter’s but stay tuned for more information about upcoming events and worship and we look forward to seeing you all at church on Sunday morning as we gather together in our beloved community to celebrate and share the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ!
Your fellow servants in Christ,
Pastor Suloff and Pastor Todd