A wonderful, joyful, and faith-filled Boar’s Head weekend has come and gone once again but the mission and ministry of St. Peter’s continues so let’s get right to it…
- Pastor McMullan is starting a new Bible Study! Ever wonder why the pastors preach on one thing and not another? Ever wonder why those readings and not others? Ever wonder on what else we might have preached on if we had more time? Are you just plain curious about what’s in the Bible to begin with, and are confused by it? Starting on January 14th, Pr. Christian will hold a “Bible study, discussion time” after the 10:00 service on the scripture readings for that Sunday. We’ll begin around 11:00ish and end around 12:00. By focusing on the Sunday readings, we’ll be looking at small chunks of scripture which you would have already heard that day. Plus you get to ask all the questions you want about the sermon, but didn’t have time to going through the line shaking hands.
- St. Peter’s will be hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive on Saturday, January 20th from 8am to 1pm. Come donate and you get a free Dunkin Donuts’! What more could a good Lutheran ask for than to help people AND get some coffee too?!? You can sign up for an appointment in the chapel, online at redcrossblood.org and (enter st. peters at “Find a Blood Drive), or you can simply come without signing up.
- Our annual Congregational Meeting will be held on January 21, 2018 following the 10am worship service. Please note that there is only one meeting time so if you are a regular attendee of the early service please consider returning to church around 10:45am to attend the meeting. We hope that you will all join us for this important meeting as we discuss ministry, approve our budget, elect new Council Members, give thanks to outgoing Council Members, and present the World of Difference Award.
- On Sunday we welcomed our new Minister of Music John Kampmeyer, Jr. and he has already begun work with the choirs – Bell Choir rehearsals are held on Thursday at 6:30pm and Senior Choir rehearsals are held on Thursday at 7:30pm. Come join the choir and make a joyful noise, no experience is necessary, just a willing heart to share the Good News!
- On Sunday, February 4th we will be having our annual Souper Bowl Sunday with a Soup Sale and a Hoagie Sale. Proceeds from the Soup Sale will go to helping our Social Ministry efforts and proceeds from the Hoagie Sale will go towards supporting our Children, Youth, and Family Ministry efforts. To make these events successful we need volunteers! If you are interested in helping with the Soup Sale, would like to learn more, or have any questions please Jan Gera at email@example.com. If you are interested in helping with the Hoagie Sale, would like to learn more, or have any questions please contact Pastor Suloff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, a word of thanks to everyone for another amazing Boar’s Head Festival. Thank you to our director Kate Garrison and our festival music director Andrew Kamerle for their tremendous work, dedication, and leadership. Thanks to Bernadette McMeans for all of her work throughout the year with costumes and casting, to the Langerfeld and Moser families for their help with parking, Ed Devitt, Sue and Tom Walton for their great work in the kitchen, Jane Stettler for her wonderful work with ticket sales, the cast, the crew, the choir and musicians, and everyone who supported our efforts to share the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ with others throughout the weekend. Thank you to everyone for such a beautiful time, for all of your work, care, and love, and for a great reminder of all that St. Peter’s is capable of doing!
That covers everything for now St. Peter’s so have a wonderful weekend, come to worship on Sunday, add the various upcoming events and activities to your calendars, and share the life, love, and joy of Jesus Christ with others! See you all on Sunday morning!